“Sorry, did I say ‘everything’? I was meant to say ‘nothing’…”
I want to talk about this scene.
Because when you think about it, it really does say everything. Not in the way Donna meant, that she is vain and shallow and domineering (she is SO not), but in that her experiences of men have shaped what she wants in a man.
“Gorgeous, adores me and hardly ever speaks a word”
I don’t think Donna was ever physically abused by a partner, but it’s obvious, especially in ‘The Runaway Bride’, that she is particularly sensitive to verbal abuse (fucking Lance). Therefore, it makes perfect sense that she would want a man who has trouble speaking.
We see in ‘Turn Left’ and ‘Journeys End’ that Donna does not feel that anyone is listening to her. In some respects, she’s right. She also believes that she’s ‘nothing special’, a dull person with very little to offer. So OF COURSE she wants someone who adores her, who hangs on her every word.
She just wants to be heard.
And I think the greatest tragedy of all was that the Doctor saw that. He heard her, he listened.
And she never knew.
«[12/many]» pictures of David Tennant
"anything" apparently being £20
Mary: Hello Ang!
Angela: What is that in your hand?
Mary: It’s a video camera. Say something then! Come on! Say something funny! Go on!
Angela: [Snaps] Something funny?! Is this funny?! Does this make you laugh?!
S1 Wild West - E06 “Un, Deu, Tri, Figo, Quiggly”
New 1 minute TV preview for Gracepoint starring David Tennant. Premieres on FOX TV Thursday nights this Fall.
They’re rapping Music Man. WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW??!
Seriously, click on the link!!!!!!!
And because the text about River is really hard to read in the graphic, here it is, and it is brilliant.
“But What About River Song?
Ironically, the woman who is often propped up as proof that Steven Moffat is, in fact, not a sexist was one of the worst in terms of the Bechdel test and overall independence of thought and character. While maintaining an average speaking time, the episodes she is in only pass the Bechdel Test 57% of the time, and she herself only passes 42% of the time. She also never passes it on her own after Series 5. It is also important to note that River’s “passes” barely scraped by this test. Her passing conversations were always around three or four lines of exchange total, limited to one per episode, and were always in the presence of/with the Doctor.”
Tuesday night -
My flatmate goes on a date.
I make bacon and fall asleep on the living room floor.
MUTUALIZE’S IPAD MINI GIVEAWAYReblog this post with your own FeaturePoints referral code, and you could win an iPad mini.This giveaway is sponsored by FeaturePoints. Users will only be able to participate if they have a valid FeaturePoints referral code. Please read all of the information below before entering:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WHAT IS FEATUREPOINTS?FeaturePoints is an app for iPhone and Android. You can download free apps to get points. You can then exchange these points for prizes such as Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards, PayPal payments, and even paid apps!If you don’t have a referral code and want to sign up, please go to this page for more information (on that page, you will also find proof of some of the prizes I have personally received by using FeaturePoints). You can also go directly to FeaturePoints on your iPhone or Android device by visiting this link: http://featu.re/emma
- You must reblog this post with your FeaturePoints referral code.
- One winner will be chosen randomly by the creators of FeaturePoints.
- Winner will be contacted via their registered FeaturePoints email.
- Winner must respond within 7 days or a different winner will be chosen.
- 150,000 points will be credited to the winner’s FeaturePoints account instead, if they live outside of the US, Canada or the UK.
- You must also be following my blog in order to enter.*The iPad mini prize is only available to residents of the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Users outside of these locations can win 150,000 points credited to their FeaturePoints account. These points can be used within the app to redeem $250 worth of FeaturePoints rewards.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENDING DATE: 20th July 2014 (Australian date)Make sure you follow all the rules or your entry will not count. Good luck!Also, if you need a referral code to use at sign up, mine is: EMMA
My code is: WQEHEQ